We've compiled a collection of resources specifically for non-profits. In addition to the blogs, reports, tools, and social media resources below, check out our Health Exchange and Education Exchange as a source of information sharing between non-profits and funders.
- The Wall Street Journal - Philanthropy Page
- CharityLawyer is a new blog started by Ellis Carter of Fennemore Craig, P.C. Her personal blog "will include general observations and commentary derived from my practice representing non-profit and tax-exempt organizations as well as news, events, and ideas related to the philanthropic sector." A company blog is in the process of being created.
- New York Times Giving Section
- Give and Take: A round up of blogs about the nonprofit world compiled by The Chronicle of Philanthropy
Social Media Resources
- The National Council of Nonprofits: A network of state and regional nonprofit associations serving more than 20,000 member organizations.
- Principles of Effectiveness for Nonprofit Organizations: By the ASU Lodestar Center
- Evolving Nonprofits through Strategic Evaluation and Planning (ENSTEP) Program: By the ASU Lodestar Center
- Smart Givers Network: Resources for Smart Giving
- Advocacy Progress Planner: A free online resource for putting together advocacy and policy efforts.
- Nonprofit Economic Vitality Center: National Council of Nonprofits - A free, online clearinghouse of resources designed to help nonprofits cope with the multiple challenges created by a faltering economy.
- Google for Nonprofits: Free tools and resources to assist nonprofits in their operations.
- And Justice for All: The 2007 Advocacy Conference presented by The Wallace Foundation.
- Nonprofit Capacity Building Resources: Books, publications and websites on how to build capacity.
- Useful Nonprofit Links: An extensive list of resources to assist nonprofits in management, fundraising, program planning, and more.
- Leadership is a Who Thing: Free nonprofit management job board, Hiring Toolkit, and e-newsletter to help you find your next "Who." From Bridgestar, an initiative of the Bridgespan Group, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
- Managing Through Tough Times: 7 Steps: Resources provided by The Bridgespan Group. (December 2008)
- Techsoup provides discounted software and hardware for nonprofits as well as technology discussion boards and articles.