The NCNG Annual Meeting provides an opportunity for grantmakers to network and learn about emerging issues in North Carolina. Whether you are from a small foundation, community foundation, corporate giving program, or larger private foundation, there is always something for everyone.
2/22/2017 to 2/23/2017
February 22-23, 2017
Downtown Marriott Hotel
425 North Cherry Street
Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27101
Sarah Mann Willcox
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
The 2017 Annual Meeting - Grounded Philanthropy will be held at the Downtown Marriott Hotel in Winston-Salem on Feb 22-23, 2017. Early bird registration is available until January 18, 2017. Group discounts are available for groups of 4 or more from the same organization.
The full program brochure is available here.
Want to briefly know what will be offered at the Annual Meeting? See the list of session names below! Detailed descriptions are available in the full program brochure.
- Community Foundations
- Corporate Foundations
- Education Funders
- Health Funders
Opening Plenary Session
- Dr. Michael McAfee, PolicyLink: Effective Philanthropy: Creating a Learning Organization
Afternoon Concurrent Sessions - Day One
- Effective Philanthropy: A Deeper Dive with Dr. Michael McAfee
- Legal Update for Foundations
- Making 1+1=5: How Small Foundations Can Optimize their Impact
- Working Together to Create a Talent Pipeline
Late Afternoon Concurrent Sessions - Day One
- Acting for Grantmakers: Great First Impressions and Strong Relationships
- Grantmaking and Beyond: Delivering Value Beyond the Dollar
- Impact Investing 101
- Policies, Practices, and Programs to Advance Equity
Morning Plenary Session - Day Two
- Pancakes and Policy Breakfast Plenary
Morning Concurrent Sessions - Day Two
- Collaboration is the New Normal: An Exploration with Peers
- Storytelling for Social Change: An introduction to the Strategic Framing Approach
- Creating Change: How Digging into Data Can Lead to Results
- Understanding the Nonprofit 990
Mid-Morning Concurrent Sessions - Day Two
- Toward Greater Understanding: A Snapshot of LGBT Work in North Carolina
- Turning Risk into Opportunity: Executive Director Transitions- How Grantmakers Can Help
- Mindfulness for Social Impact
- Disaster Philanthropy
- Amy Sawyers, NC State University: From Image to Action: Exploring the Grantor/Nonprofit Relationship
The 2017 Annual Meeting is made possible thanks to our sponsors:
This event is open to NCNG members and grantmakers that fund in North Carolina only. If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact us at 919.578.6437.